Using the KSOL system within schools
At KSOL we strive to make sure that every child on our courses is receiving an education that supports their needs. The programme encourages self-confidence and nurtures ability. It allows teachers to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and establishes a learning partnership between the child and their parents, because they are actively involved in their child’s education. The KSOL innovative learning programme is now available for schools and includes:
- Regular Assessment - We use daily online tests, which follow the National Curriculum for Maths and English, to measure a child's ability and track their progress and understanding.
- Step-by-step Explanations - Immediately after answering a question incorrectly the student is given a step-by-step explanation to the question, ensuring they understand why they got the question wrong so they can get it right next time!
- Personal Feedback - We look at the child's results and provide regular friendly feedback, letting parents and teachers know which areas require further explanation, and when they have done really well!
- Progress Reports - Students, parents and teachers can see clearly how the student has progressed over time.
- Summary Reports - Traffic light reports for teachers, which groups together students by their level of understanding of each topic, so teachers know which students fully understand and those who require one-to-one help or further explanations.
Thousands of children worldwide have benefitted from this programme. If you would like more information, or to organise a free trial of the programme in your school please call 0121 733 6558 to speak to one of educational advisors.
- Provides teachers with diagnostic tools - personal feedback, progress reports, as well as providing step-by-step explanations immediately in the online tests to any incorrect questions.
- Clearly shows teachers the strengths and weaknesses of individual students - The summary report groups together students by ability on each topic covered using a clear traffic light system for students that need one-to-one coaching, further explanation and students who fully understand.
- Teacher's time used more effectively - Because our online tests are marked by us, it frees up a lot of the teacher's time to plan lessons focusing on individual needs.
- Online tests support and clarify classroom work - as well as working alongside the national curriculum for Maths and English, the tests ensure students have a full understanding of the subject areas with step-by-step explanations and feedback.
- Builds a learning relationship with student, parent and teacher - We call this the circle of success, with parent's feeling more actively involved in their child's learning.
- Receive more focused tuition based on areas where they need help - This has proven to help students enormously and ensures they have a full understanding of the subject.
- Progress at a pace that is right for them - Regular assessment to track the child’s progress and only once they have completely mastered a topic can they move on to harder level questions, ensuring they progress at a pace comfortable to them. In our experience this has proven the best method to improve a child's self-confidence.
- Track progress and development over time - Our progress graphs and feedback reports are invaluable; they boost self-belief and the reports are a great revision tool.
- Parents active in child's education - The parents will be able to see regular feedback and use this knowledge to help their child in areas they are struggling with, or reward their child when they are succeeding!